- Those registered to vote in the City elect a mayor and 5 city council members on a staggered schedule. City Council meets on the second Monday and last Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM in the Courthouse. There are also quarterly Town Hall meetings for more extended discussions between residents and elected officials.
- City Council is a policy body that makes the laws (ordinances) of the City,
- The Mayor executes the laws passed by the Council (i.e., the Mayor is equivalent to the President and Council to Congress).
- Two departments report directly to the mayor:
- Administration, headed by the Director of Administration and including the City Clerk and Public Works,
- The Police Department, headed by a Chief of Police.
- The best ways to know what is going on are:
- Come to Council meetings and Town Hall meetings and ask questions!
- Several City officials are usually at each Pancake Breakfast on the first Saturday of every month. We try to introduce ourselves to newcomers there.
- We always need volunteers for committees – there are standing committees and there are sometimes short-term committees for special tasks. Contact the Mayor or a Council Member.
Kathie de Nobriga, Mayor
Megan Pulsts, Mayor Pro-Tem and Council Post 2
George Chidi, Council Post 1
Erica Brown, Council Post 2
Lynn Ehrlicher, Council Post 4
Mike Stuckey, Council Post 5
City Staff 404-292-4250
Police Chief Sarai Y’hudah-Green
Director of Administration Valerie Caldwell