Why Do We Need Codes?
Pine Lake, GA is one of the most densely populated cities in the state, yet this progressive community features a beautiful, natural environment. To protect this unique balance, city zoning codes and ordinances have been developed by Pine Lake citizens and passed by council after many hours of hard work and consideration.
The Residential District Regulations are based on nine principles:
- Encouraging unique and varied residential designs
- Protecting and enhancing the entire natural environment
- Reinforcing the safety of residents
- Encouraging social interaction of neighbors and nurturing the unique community spirit of the city
- Sustaining and enhancing the affordability of homes
- Promoting mindful planning and design
- Encouraging the preservation of historical homes
- Encouraging effective solutions for reducing energy and water consumption
- Valuing Pine Lake’s architectural traditions, natural landscapes and history, while maintaining a dynamic, progressive 21st century community