Although each renovation is unique, there are some basic rules and options to know before you begin:
- “Renovation” occurs when no more than 50% of the structure is being rebuilt. Beyond that percentage – it’s new construction.
- Depending on how much you are planning to change the facade, or how many square feet you plan to add, an ARB review may not be required.
- Review the Pine Lake Zoning Code to determine what is required.
- Consider asking for a courtesy consultation with the ARB before you begin. They’re happy to help you understand what to anticipate before a single dollar is spent!
- You’ll need to know what your property is zoned for and what the permitted uses are in that zoning district.