JOB ANNOUNCEMENT City of Pine Lake • Facilities Coordinator
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of rental of City facilities. S/he will coordinate all scheduling associated with events and work closely with city administration to ensure that all rentals are consistently managed. Most rentals are on the weekends, and Coordinator should be available by phone to trouble-shoot if necessary. Currently one facility is available for rent (Clubhouse); this person will also coordinate rental of the Gazebo and the Beach House when it is in service again. This person must enjoy working with the public, be methodical and clear, flexible and patient, and committed to the wise use and protection of the city’s assets.
- Maintain the master calendar for use of all city facilities
- Respond in a timely manner (24 hours) to all phone or web inquiries about rental
- Book facilities, according to a standard written procedure
- Ensure that deposit and rental checks are received by City Clerk and that deposits are returned, destroyed or applied to damages, as appropriate
- Coordinate support for events (furnishings, police, cleaning, etc) through weekly bulletins to staff
- Ensure that facilities are clean and ready prior to each rental, reporting any problems or concerns immediately
- Ensure that renters understand the regulations and follow proper close-out procedures
- Provide mayor with monthly summaries to include name, e-mail address and date of rental (for post-event customer satisfaction survey)
Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
Must possess clear communication skills and be customer-oriented
Previous event planning or hospitality experience preferred.
Must use e-mail and be comfortable maintaining electronic records.
$25 per rental, payable monthly by invoice. Usage is currently 3-6 events per month for the Clubhouse. Coordinator can increase usage by actively promoting the availability of the facilities through various media. This is considered a contract position.
Letters of interest should be submitted to City Hall no later than 4:30pm, Tuesday, September 4, 2012. Please include all contact information, previous history with similar positions or pertinent experience and the name/phone number of two personal references. Letters will be accepted from teams who want to work together, but references and background must be supplied for each member of the team and ONE person must be designated as point person. The City of Pine Lake intends to hire this position by September 7, to begin work immediately on a probationary basis for three months. For further information or questions, call 404-299-9498 to speak with Mayor Kathie deNobriga.